Saturday, January 28, 2012

The first week of many baby steps!!

Yea .... we have one week behind us!  The clinic is not open on the weekends so we have a break as long as I am on an "out patient" basis.  It is very gloomy here today.  When the clinic is not open, the shuttle does not run so Jeff and I walked two miles (round trip) to Walgreens for our Saturday fun!!  I wonder what tomorrow has in store for us??  

My last Caringbridge update was before my bone marrow biopsy, lumbar puncture and skin biopsy.  I was really dreading those tests!!  Actually the procedures were not bad.  I elected to have an IV sedation using a medicine that causes temporary amnesia.  I had it once when in the hospital in Omaha.  It is so amazing!  I was awake through the procedures but very relaxed.  Although they gave local anesthetic, I could still feel pain occasionally but I don't really remember the details.  It's weird how that medicine works!

We have a full week next week!!  I just pray that my tests come back with good results and we can move to transplant!! 

That's all the news for now.  I will let you know what happens next week.

Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment