Sunday, October 9, 2011

Last Round of Chemo

Hi everyone .... sorry you haven't heard from me for a while.  I had chemo week before last and I spent last week lying down.  This was my 4th and final round of chemo and for some reason my body had a reaction to it.  In addition to the common nausea, I had a fever all week that made my entire body ache.  I've had no energy.  I feel very blessed that when I got the induction and first 3 rounds of consolidation chemo, I didn't suffer like I did last week!

The donor search team in Seattle continues to look for a donor.  The antibodies I've developed is playing havoc in the success of finding a donor.  I learned, while in Seattle, that I have antibodies to 97% of the population.  That means we have to identify the 3% I will match and make sure they are signed up on the registry. (bethematch.org)  

Also I need help and I'm open to ideas!!  I am now 100% financially responsible for all donor searches.  Fortunately, I had a successful benefit given by my family and friends and the money raised will be given to the donor search team but it is literally "a drop in the bucket" compared to what I need.  Do any of you have any fundraising ideas that I can pursue?  I would really appreciate any feedback.  My daughter is also working on something related to fundraising so hopefully something will open up soon.

Thanks to all of you that have helped me already.  Please don't think I'm ungrateful .... I am in a race against time and need to find the donor as quickly as possible.

God bless you all!
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment