Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Please come to the bone marrow donor drive

And please share my story! Thanks :)

Hi everyone ... I am pleased to announce that I was interviewed by Julie Cornell of KETV again. This time Julie went with me to the doctor and interviewed my doctor about my need for a donor. (Doctors' Website) This will air Oct. 23, this Sunday, @10pm.

Good news, there is 1 bone marrow drive set up for Oct. 30th @ Countryside Church and a 2nd drive is in the works for the following week, Nov. 6. The 1st one was originally organized for a little boy in need of a transplant but he found a donor. The drive is still on for people like me!! You can sign up at no cost but of course they will always accept donations. Please see below for details.

Again, please watch the news this Sunday night, October 23rd at 10pm on KETV (Channel 7). The drive info is listed below:

Donor Drives:

October 30th
Where: Countryside Community Church, 8787 Pacific Street, Omaha, NE
Time: 12:00 to 4:00 pm

November 6th
Where: Faith Westwood United Methodist Church, 4814 Oaks Lane, Omaha, NE
Time: 10:00 am to 1:30 pm

Many people have asked if they could be tested. If you sign up for the registry then my search coordinator can look for potential donors within the "Be the Match" database. Please....I need a donor. Will you please come out and see if you could be a match for me and others in need?

Here is how it works. You will come to the drive and swab your cheek. From there, you cheek swab will go back to Be the Match and they will do analysis to determine your HLA type, criteria for donor matching. Your information will be in a secure database for search coordinators to explore for patients in need of a transplant. About 1 in 540 people will be called upon to donate. 3 links are attached to help you understand the process. Please save my life or someone's life!

Be the Match
Be the Match Newsletter
FAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment